Also, after creating the app with the appropriate database selected,
you will want to confirm the settings in the db configuration file
"application/config/database.yml".  Specifically check the values for
"database", "username", and "password" that are associated with all 3
modes (development, test, production).

By the way, "rails --help" will give you a list of all command line
options.

See also: http://guides.rubyonrails.org/