i didnt understand "friendly", but a CustomField-Models is similar to
what i said is sugar-crm doing....and u can do the same in rails.
only the views needs to be adapated / can b cumbersome, unless someone
has a solution for that. to me, i do more flex and have all custom
fields in a simple datagrid