On 18 March 2010 04:49, Chris Mentch <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:

>> Chris, when you switched your app from 2.0.2 to 2.3.5, did you run
>> 'rake rails:update' in the root of your project?
>>
>> -Conrad
>
> It was to 2.2.2 and, yes, I did run 'rake rails:update'.  Not sure if it
> did anything.  It didn't give any output and returned to the command
> prompt.

You can tell whether it changed anything by checking your current
version against the version in your version control repository.  If
you are not using one (git for example) start by setting one up.  When
messing about upgrading rails and so on you need to be able to track
what you have done, revert experimental changes, and so on.  A day or
two spent learning git will be recovered very quickly.

Colin