Yes it is better to store the multilanguage strings in the .yml files.
Why you ask, well are you going to have all your record entries repeat one
for each language you intent to support ?? Do you think that would be a good
idea ??

The database should have single values which the .yml files will translate
into different languages depending on the locale settings. I am not very
sure regarding the loading of the different .yml files, that is something
even I would like to know, but from my experience / knowledge I don't think
that is the case since locale change requires me to restart the app.

Thanks & Regards,
Dhruva Sagar.