Dhruva Sagar wrote:
> Yes it is better to store the multilanguage strings in the .yml files.
> Why you ask, well are you going to have all your record entries repeat
> one
> for each language you intent to support ?? Do you think that would be a
> good
> idea ??

Do you think this is a bad idea?

> The database should have single values which the .yml files will
> translate
> into different languages depending on the locale settings.

Not necessarily.  It would be quite feasible to use the DB.

> I am not very
> sure regarding the loading of the different .yml files, that is
> something
> even I would like to know,

Then don't make statements like this till you *are* sure!

> but from my experience / knowledge I don't
> think
> that is the case since locale change requires me to restart the app.

Wrong again.  The whole point of i18n is to present your app
multilingually without restarting.

Now, it seems to me that an advantage of text files over a DB is that
you can hand them straight to a skilled translator...

But anyway, Rails i18n pretty much sucks out of the box.  Use
fast_gettext.

> Thanks & Regards,
> Dhruva Sagar.

Best,