Hello,

I have been just tasked to learn Rails for a new project and have been
given Mac machine for it. I have never used a Mac / Linux ever. I have
used Rails before on Windows. I need to set up Rails development env
on this Mac machine. Its Mac OS X - Snow Leopard. The development
environment needs Rails 2.3.5, GIT client and MySQL. We are still
swaying between using Mongreal or Apache locally, because the
production will be in Apache.

Can someone advise what the best practices, best tools, editors, etc
to set up Rails development env locally on a Mac? Apologize for the v
basic question. :-)

Regards
Vikram