Amala Singh wrote:
> I know that. But knowing everything is not an option. Then you dont need
> develop this in ROR. You can opt for any frameworks, PHP, Java etc.
>
> With ROR, the developers are able to focus on developing with just the
> Ruby
> language. The complexities are put behind. ROR developers more focus on
> implementing the functionality in a much faster manner.
>
> Forcing ROR developer to learn CSS is a hypocrazy. That means the
> leadership
> dont know anything about
> ROR technology.  CSS and JQuery stuff should be given to web designers
> who
> are trained for that.
> Dont mix up.

No.  You shouldn't expect your Web developers to be greаt designers, but
you absolutely should expect them to know CSS reasonably well.  As for
JavaScript, that's programming, not design.  It makes sense for Web
developers to know it.

[Note to Andreas: the spam filter on ruby-forum banned "greаt design".
WTF?]

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser