On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Amala Singh <amalasi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know that. But knowing everything is not an option. Then you dont need to
> develop this in ROR. You can opt for any frameworks, PHP, Java etc.
>
> With ROR, the developers are able to focus on developing with just the Ruby
> language. The complexities are put behind. ROR developers more focus on
> implementing the functionality in a much faster manner.
>
> Forcing ROR developer to learn CSS is a hypocrazy. That means the leadership
> dont know anything about
> ROR technology.  CSS and JQuery stuff should be given to web designers who
> are trained for that.
> Dont mix up.

You are utterly hilarious.  You're describing a fantasy world.

I've worked with dozens of good designers over the years and not a
single one of them ever wanted to even see the code, much less develop
it.  People who can draw and have a flair for art are almost never
interested in code.

A web developer who doesn't know CSS and Javascript isn't a web developer.

Leadership doesn't EVER know very much about the actual technology,
it's the developers job to know and then advise them.  Jesus, you're
clueless.  The real world where real companies have real clients and
real projects simply doesn't work the way you describe.

--
Greg Donald
destiney.com | gregdonald.com