On 18 June 2010 17:05, Amala Singh <amalasi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know that. But knowing everything is not an option. Then you dont need to
> develop this in ROR. You can opt for any frameworks, PHP, Java etc.
>
> With ROR, the developers are able to focus on developing with just the Ruby
> language. The complexities are put behind. ROR developers more focus on
> implementing the functionality in a much faster manner.
>
> Forcing ROR developer to learn CSS is a hypocrazy. That means the leadership
> dont know anything about
> ROR technology.  CSS and JQuery stuff should be given to web designers who
> are trained for that.
> Dont mix up.

That is ok for developers with leadership staff, software engineers
and web developers.  I suspect (though I have no evidence) that the
majority of RoR developers are programmers and web developers.
Certainly this is true in many cases.  In my case there is me to
fulfill all roles.  Again I suspect that I am not the only one in this
situation.

Actually I am not sure how it would work even with separate
developers.  Do the CSS/html experts do the views and the programmers
do the models and controllers?  I just don't see how it would work.
Presumably it does in your case however.  How do you organise things?

Colin