Johndel Deliyiannis wrote:
> I feel that the whole community is supporting mac and textmate but I
> found that this is a problem. We should use cross platform tools if we
> want more people to try rails. All the screencasts I have seen are
> using with textmate, for example how easy it is to setup an autotest
> without growl, rspec without output from textmate etc.? How do you do
> that with other editors, like komodoedit?

You don't.  You use the shell like God meant you to. :D

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Rails doesn't need an IDE.
For Rails, your editor should just be a project-aware editor, not an
editor/shell/VCS manager/godknowswhatelse.  Save the IDEs for frameworks
that need them.

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser