Oh, before I read this post, I realized Ubuntu had a safe windows
installer. I used it, and I'm running unbuntu right now. Man, it took
like 15 minutes to download/install everything, and it takes like 8
seconds to boot up after it was done. You'd think windows could get a
quad core to boot that fast after so many years of making better
cpus...

Anyway, I know very little linux. Well, that's not true, I used to use
slackware back in 1995, and I've used it off and on, but it's been
many years.

I'd configuring/making ruby, but it says I don't have permissions. I
could run it as root of course, but I wonder... where was I supposed
to put the ruby-1.9.2 folder? I know this must sound silly, but I
can't remember where the 'goto' place was for putting source files.
Was it under /usr? I don't remember. It looks a little different than
it used to.

Anyway, I'll keep plugging away on this end.