I am also using rails 2.3.2 and I use gem to install rails the older
version. First install ruby from the repository and then install rails using
gem, install mysql or any database adapter. this is the flow I actually
followed. If you want then please let me know which version of rails you
want to install then I will be give you the full console command for
installing the desire version.

Best Wishes "Shuvecha"

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 9:53 AM, Rick R <ric...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 10:43 PM, Irfan Ahmed <irfan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hay Rick,
>> why using rvm? I think it is too much complicated.
>>

> Because I have some old rails2 apps (not mine) but I want to work with them
> and rvm allows me to switch what I'm using easily.
>
> I have no problems with rvm, I just can't figure out how I know what
> versions are available to install:)
>

>  --

Thanks,
Irfan Ahmed Rizvi