On Nov 22, 2010, at 3:28 AM, Colin Law wrote:

On 22 November 2010 03:59, Irfan Ahmed <irfan...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am also using rails 2.3.2 and I use gem to install rails the older
version. First install ruby from the repository and then install rails using gem, install mysql or any database adapter. this is the flow I actually followed. If you want then please let me know which version of rails you
want to install then I will be give you the full console command for
installing the desire version.

That is ok for versions of rails below 3, but if you want to have
rails 3 and also earlier versions I believe that rvm is the simplest
solution.

Colin

For the OP, try:

  rvm list known

to see all your choices (and even then I think that you can give a suffix of -rXXX to get revision XXX from the repository).

-Rob

Rob Biedenharn
r...@agileconsultingllc.com     http://AgileConsultingLLC.com/
r...@gaslightsoftware.com               http://GaslightSoftware.com/