On 29 November 2010 16:33, Steve Mills <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Colin Law wrote in post #964785:
>
>> To quote from your OP
>>> And a search of my project shows no files containing any reference to
>>> sqlite3.
>
> What can I say? Windows 7 search is not too good. It brought up files
> that mentioned the target words in comments but it did not bring up this
> particular file. Because it brought back some files, and those files
> were lower down than the root, I assumed it had brought back all such
> files from all levels. Windows XP would have done that - no problem -
> but not it appears Windows 7.

I seriously suggest considering switching to Ubuntu (or similar).  You
would not regret it.  It seems possible that the time you have spent
trying to sort this problem would have covered getting you up and
running in Ubuntu.

Also I would suggest using a decent editor such as jEdit (others are
available) that supports sets of files (projects) and includes source
search that in this case in a few seconds would have found all
references to sqlite.  jEdit will run on Windows.

Colin