Colin Law wrote in post #964874:
> On 29 November 2010 17:48, Steve Mills <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
>> [...]
>> Following the book, and creating my own project, I don't encounter this
>> problem. But I do encounter a serious problem on "test functionals"
>> where the db tables are created, seeded, and then promptly dropped prior
>> to the first test running so all the tests fail. The application itself
>> works fine.
>
> Are you using fixtures?  I think most now would advise against
> fixtures, suggesting factories instead.  See
> http://railscasts.com/episodes/158-factories-not-fixtures for example.
>  So if you can't get fixtures to work (or even if you can) then forget
> them and move to something better.
>
> Colin

Thanks Colin. I'll take that on board. Yes, the Agile book's tutorial
uses fixtures and that's what I think caused the original problem.
Trouble is, I'm trying to learn Rails and I'm using this book as my
tutor. Can't run before walking I guess.

I'll follow the link and see if I can understand how to keep on
following the tutorials but switch to factories. :)