Peter Macgown wrote in post #965156:
> Hi,
> I am absolutely new to Ruby and I want to do the following:
>
> 1 - I want to put all of my Ruby on Rails development on a single memory
> stick drive.  The purpose of this is so that I can develop Ruby on Rails
> applications no matter where I plug in, (Linux, Windows, Mac).
> 2 - Can I do this?

Probably -- except that some gems have native extensions that are
written in C and compiled automatically as part of the gem installation
process.  Of course, the binaries that are generated by this compilation
are OS-specific.

You could get around this by using a VM...

...but I think this is not a great idea.  Why do you need to plug in in
multiple places?

> 3 - If so, how much space does it require?

I don't know.  Why don't you try it and find out?

> --Peter

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser