Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:
Norm Scherer wrote in post #965176:
Peter Macgown wrote:
Hi,
I am absolutely new to Ruby and I want to do the following:

1 - I want to put all of my Ruby on Rails development on a single memory
stick drive.  The purpose of this is so that I can develop Ruby on Rails
applications no matter where I plug in, (Linux, Windows, Mac).
2 - Can I do this?

I think not.  At the minimum you will require a ruby environment on each
of the computers and that environment is unique to the system.  That is
to say the ruby interpreter that runs on Linux will not run on Windows
etc.

Ack, yeah, that's true.  You *could* use JRuby, though...
Would'nt you then require java on each of the systems? Of course that is pretty common.
Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser
http://www.marnen.org