I tried following the install instructions and manually putting sqlite3.dll
into the appropriate gems subdirectory. This did not help. Further, I do not
feel comfortable adding any files to the Windows/System32 folder. If this
needed to happen, the installer would have done so, no?

Again to trace my exact steps to help troubleshooting:
1) Ran installer for 1.9.2. Installed in C:\Ruby192
2) Extracted RubyGems into C:\rubygems-1.5.0. Ran the "setup.rb" file.
3) Performed "*gem install rails"
*4) Created an app folder per download instructions as follows: "*rails new
C:\testApp"
*5) In Ruby Cmd, "*cd path/to/your/new/application"*
6) In Ruby Cmd, "*rails server"*
> Error: no sqlite3.dll found, error within cmd
7) In Ruby cmd, "*bundle install*" per suggestion.
8) In Ruby cmd, tried "rails server" again, only to get a pop-up this time
saying sqlite3.dll not found.

Not really sure where I went wrong...doesn't make sense to use an installer
if it doesn't include the right files in the proper locations.

Thanks for your help so far, looking for something more directed rather than
what I've already seen on google and couldn't get that to work....