Thanks Bryan.  I was aware that Rails 3 is a gem and that it can
be downloaded from http://rubygems.org but I had to download all the
dependent gems in a tree like fashion and whose depth I do not know.
All this through a browser :((   Is this the only solution for what I
am looking for or is there an easier way out.
   I know that I may sound a little lazy but I come from J2EE
background where I did not have to do all such things.

Thanks,
Shafeeq