On Oct 23, 2:26 am, anonymous odesk tester <li...@ruby-forum.com>
wrote:
> Hi! Maybe, you know thing such as odesk tests. Here will be place we
> discuss about some questions of them. I can't understand what they want.
>
> (Rails 3)
>
> 1.Screenshot-3.png. What is answer? I think d, but I can't find
> Net::HTTP.open function in API.

Really? Here's the rdoc:

http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib-1.9.2/libdoc/net/http/rdoc/Net/HTTP.html

For further enlightenment, try comparing the question's code to the
original, from the 1st edition of Pickaxe:

http://www.rubycentral.com/pickaxe/tut_threads.html#UA

> 2. Screenshot-5.png. I can't understand what they want from me. I work
> only with RSpec

A remarkably badly-written question. I suspect the answer is
"teardown".

> 3. Screenshot-6.png. I start to learn rails when rails 3.0 coming. But
> for rails 3 "This class is deprecated or moved on the latest stable
> version". The last existing version (v2.0.3) is shown here.". Can some
> elders of RoR give a hint?

The answers you've selected in the screen shot are likely the ones you
*shouldn't* select. "Works for all environments" is a godawful choice,
though...

> 5. Screenshot-13.png. I can't find helpful information about catch-throw
> (only the-book-of-ruby and some internet articles).

Minus infinity points for whatever moron ported this question from the
Java test without considering the language. 'c' might be arguably
correct, if one replaces 'throw' with 'raise', 'catch' with 'rescue'
and 'symbol' with 'class'. Then again, if my grandma had four wheels,
a V-8 engine and a fiberglass body she'd be a racecar.

> Please help. Odesk tester

You forgot to mention how you're going to distribute your salary to
people on this list, since you clearly are hoping to get a job using
skills you don't actually have. I'm sure it was just an oversight.

--Matt Jones