On Nov 14, 11:47 pm, KevinC <kevinch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm stumped.  Anyone have any timeout problems with ruby 1.9.3?  The
> problem is, if I want to use Rails 3.1, I have to use Ruby 1.9.3,
> which now breaks all of my old Rails 2 apps.
>
> I'd appreciate any help.

I've no idea about the actual problem, but you should be able to use
1.8.7 with rails 3.1 - the release notes (http://
guides.rubyonrails.org/3_1_release_notes.html) explicitly say so. In
addition rails 3.1 came out something like 2 months before 1.9.3.

You might also want to consider using something like rbenv or rvm so
that you can juggle multiple versions of ruby for when you do have
projects compatible only with certain versions of ruby.

Fred