"The most common use case for owned boxes is creating recursive data
structures like a binary search tree."

I don't think this is the most common use of owned boxes: string
management, ...

I don't think it a good idea to place "binary search tree" in a tutorial.
You don't do this every day :)

-----
Gaetan