I think this is precisely one of the bigest issue, from a newbee point of
view. And I agree with spir on this point. It's not that important, but you
end up placing them everywhere "to make the compiler happy".

~str should be a ~T. If it is not, it should use another semantic.

However, I don't see where you explain this subtility in the tutorial,
didn't you added it recently?

PS: I'm french, I know pretty well that all subtilities (other words for
"exception to the general rules") my natural language has their own reason,
BUT if I wanted to redesign french, I would get rid of all these rules,
exceptions, rules in the exceptions. And exceptions in the rules of
exceptions...

-----
Gaetan