Hello,

I'm following rust for quite a while, but the discussions are more and more
distributed between different places.
The mailing list was probably first, then with more user attention reddit
and StackOverflow, and now the discourse forum.

I understand that StackOverflow and Reddit are more for users, not
developers, but the discourse forum seems mostly redundant.

What's the reason for that split? Is the mailing list deprecated? Which one
is the future?

I for myself prefer the mailing list because of the gmane NNTP service, I
can use my usual usenet software and have all my forums in one place.

Tobi