On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 4:58 PM, Richo Healey <ri...@psych0tik.net> wrote:

> This comes up a lot (I found a lot of threads on meta.discourse.com about
> it)
> but the conclusion seems to be that reply-by-email is supported, but in
> general, email/nntp is not a particularly supported way to browse.

Due to the limitations of reply-by-email, I've settled on replying to
Discourse threads on the web; but *reading* by email works fine, as long as
you can tolerate HTML mail, so I've kept "Receive an email for every new
post" on and read the Discourse forum the same as I do mailing lists, using
the link at the bottom of each post if I want to reply.