Hello Rachel, all.

Rachel (NeverBounce) wrote in <CAMy5Gtf4FZ6Ofm276=PCd=+MtmojCzTJcoWiKYSW\
lkerid3...@mail.gmail.com>:

It is a real shame that this tracker calls itself Zendesk and then
requires top-posting.  Being boring as i am, we still cite people
who died several thousand years ago and i, for one, do not top
post them, and would not do so except when being given the option
do or die, and then only with fingers crossed behind the back.
This is trivial and superficial and worthless and without heart
and soul and faith and passion and boring sex it is, too.
This is of course not your fault, Rachel.

 |Rachel (NeverBounce)
 |Mar 28, 3:33 PM EDT
 |
 |Hi Viktor,
 |
 |Thank you for the patience as our team reviewed this for you.
 |
 |They have provided the following information which you will find helpful:
 |
 |In our experience working with email verification, we have found that \
 |the emails with no MX records are often spam traps. There
 |is a bit of debate on how this should be handled best, but we opt to \
 |listen to the MX records.
 |
 |Please let us know if we can assist any further. We are happy to help!

 |Viktor Szépe
 |Mar 28, 3:38 PM EDT
 |
 |Than you Rachel.
 |
 |Sometimes standards and reality part ways.

 |Rachel (NeverBounce)
 |
 |Mar 28, 3:39 PM EDT
 |
 |You are very welcome. And that is true.
 |
 |Please let us know if we can help with anything else, we certainly \
 |are most happy to do so.
 |
 |All the best,
 |Rachel

I only wanted to add that there is a SPF entry in the DNS for the
domain (the A RR behind the CNAME RR which is used by the actual
mailing-list).  Since the service the company you work so hard for
offers seems to validate emails i wonder how the heavily pushed
DMARC, DKIM and ARC seals play a role if already (?) SPF is not
used.  But anyway.  RFC 5321 page 69 is glass clear:

  If an empty list of MXs is returned, the address is treated as
  if it was associated with an implicit MX RR, with a preference
  of 0, pointing to that host.

I guess to satisfy this service i have to reinstantiate the MX
record that has been there before Russell Bell started sending to
the resolved CNAME instead of the CNAME itself.

Which i find quite amusing.

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Ciao, and good night from Germany (in the awakening spring, but
still .. too cold!)

--steffen