Hello Steffen,

What does s-nail do when an imap server breaks connection?

I am asking on behalf of a friend in another country who has been finding that when he writes a long message in an external editor, he often gets an error message
s-nail: IMAP write error: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)
on leaving the external editor, and his edits are lost. He is on a somewhat flaky imap server, and I am guessing that the error message means that the server has dropped the connection, but I don't see why that should prevent s-nail from reading the externally edited temp file back into its buffer.

Stephen Isard