Bill, 

No primer required?  Just go straight to the finish coat (Krylon 
1613)?  I assume Krylon 1613 comes in a spray can, yes?  

I'm in the same boat with my 290--new paint required.  As a 
purist/traditionalist, painting original equipment really goes 
against my grain but with the condition of my unit I think it really 
needs to be done.  By painting it I don't think it will negatively 
affect its value because it probably doesn't have much of a monetary 
value right now.  It is in pretty bad shape, e.g. the pilot was 
broken off years ago.  Speaking of which does someone sell a 
replacement pilot (cowcatcher) for this locomotive? 

Jeff


> Remove all detail parts such as headlight lens and bell.
> Any paint chips or scratches can be smoothed over with fine emery 
paper 
> before painting.
> Clean each part with a toothbrush using dishwashing liquid and warm 
water. 
> Krylon 1613 semi flat black is a good match for the black used on 
steam 
> locos.
> You can get either dry transfers or rubber stamps for the lettering 
from 
> Portlines.
> 
> Bill Frazier



S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Reply via email to