I have used both of these makers with a Gabe and with a sawmill. The MTH Gabe 
seems to be the better of the two, but it too has drawbacks. I think the 
coils in both of these are too light and fragile. After my Grandson has 
pounded the MTH ceaselessly for 15 minutes or so it starts slowing down and 
skipping a step now and then. The Lionel seem to fail even sooner. It's just 
plain old electrical engineering I think. The coils heat up, the resistance 
goes up, less current to activate the action and failure on the horizon.
As to the Lionel 772 water tower, what perverted troll dreamed up the amber 
water tube? Looks more like sewage than water. I was duped because the 
catalog shows it as a clear tube ALA the original Gilbert. I quickly sold 
mine and bought a "Gilbert Reproductions" model. Almost dead on to the 
original except the gray color of the base is slightly darker. 

There's my experience andHO

Steve


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Reply via email to