<<<Subject: K-Line Wide Radius Track

This is my first post although I have been checking S-Trains out for over a
year as there's lots of helpful info.  My knowledge of wiring, etc is pretty
rudimentary and I ran into a problem that may be basic, but I haven't
figured it out.  I use used AF track and have decided to stick with it using
repro rubber roadbed as I like to change the layout frequently(6 x 5 around
the Christmas tree and 5x9 ping-pong table).  I run using AC and have a mix
of original AF, Flyonel, AM, and SHS.  I recently purchased some K-Line wide
radius track and roadbed to use along with my AF track.  The problem is I
seem to be getting some kind of short.  With or without the roadbed and just
making a circle of all K-Line track to trouble-shoot everything seems to be
fine with a stretch of 4 or 5 pieces, but if I make a complete circle there
is no response from the engine and the overload light will light up on the
transformer (MRC Tech II). I use AF or K-Line track clips to attach the
wires to the track and I am wondering if this has something to do with it. I
have no problem using this set-up of roadbed and track clips with my old AF
track. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks for any help.

Russ Rawling
>>>

If this is happening even with a simple circle of track, my first reaction
is that at least one section of track must have worn/missing fiber
insulators, allowing the rails to short across the tie.

Doug Peck
Port Lines Hobby Supply
6 Storeybrooke Drive
Newburyport, MA 01950-3408
Shop Hours - Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays: 2-5 PM (EST), and 7-9 PM.
Saturdays: 2-5 PM.
978-465-8798
1-888-708-0782 (Toll-free; Orders only, please.)
Website:  www.portlines.com
E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
VISA--MASTERCARD--DISCOVER--AMEX--PAYPAL  Accepted.



S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Reply via email to