On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 11:06:49PM -0800, Anne Schilling wrote:
> What is the procedure? Looking back at #8911
> http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/8911
> the new pickle jar was just attached to the ticket.
> Should we do the same thing this time?

Yup.

> >>I repeated everything as in my previous email. The pickling failure is in:
> >>
> >>_class__sage_combinat_crystals_tensor_product_CrystalOfTableaux_with_category_element_class__.sobj
> >>
> >>The pickles that are in tmp/pickle_jar-4.6.2.alpha4/ include the three
> >>pickles
> >>that are fixed by the procedure I described. The fourth pickle is never
> >>made.
> >
> >Therefore this pickle should be *removed* from the pickle jar
> >before remaking pickle_jar.tar.bz2.
> >
> >This pickle is apparently obsoleted by the fact that after the
> >patch, CrystalOfTableaux is no longer a class.
> >
> >>From the patch:
> >
> >-class CrystalOfTableaux(CrystalOfWords):
> >+
> >+def CrystalOfTableaux(cartan_type, shapes = None, shape = None):

I confirm the analysis.

That being said, this could advocate for keeping CrystalOfTableaux as
a class (using the classcall trick as we had discussed) in order to
maintain backward compatibility on pickles (beside the other
advantages). Anne: I can make a quick patch over yours tomorrow doing
just that if you want.

Nicolas M. Thiéry "Isil" <nthi...@users.sf.net>