Hi Martin, hi Robert Beezer,

On Wed, Mar 02, 2011 at 12:55:47PM +0100, Martin Rubey wrote:
> Sorry, again I was not precise enough: the problem was only with the
> LaTeX display.  (I found the workaround.)
>
> Here is a complete example.  Please load the attached poset with
>
> P=load("poset.sobj")
>
> (there is nothing secret about it, but I found it easier to store it
> that way)
>
> Then do ppPoset(P).  The size of the graphs does not seem to be taken
> into account by the poset layout algorithm...

It might be that it's actually the bounding box of the small graphs
that is wrong. If you do:

        sage: g = Graph({0:[1,2,3], 1:[2], 2:[3]})
        sage: view(g, tightpage=True)

then on my machine the vertices get cropped in half. Rob, what do you think?

If I add the following line to your function so that the small graphs
are drawn by dot2tex instead:

    G[1].set_latex_options(format="dot2tex", prog="circo")

then I get a reasonable picture (attached).

PS:

> def ppPoset(P):
>     H = P.hasse_diagram()
>
>     lG = [(v.vertex, pp(v.element)) for v in P]

Note: I had to replace v.vertex by v to look at your example.