Hi --

last week, Nicolas and I had a first look at how to get root systems for
non-crystallographic and infinite Coxeter groups.

Here is a basic problem of which I have either not yet understood its
reason in the implementation, or which might be done better:

- all constructions depend on a Cartan matrix, but we do not have a class
CartanMatrix

- we do have a class DynkinDiagram that (seems to me to) serve(s) as the
Cartan datum including the Cartan matrix. But Dynkin diagrams are hard to
manipulate, can only be constructed from known types, and keep their string
rep and pretty print after being manipulated. This makes it hard to
construct the Dynkin diagram from a given Cartan matrix, while I might only
want to use it to get its Cartan matrix in order to construct the root
system.

Why don't we implement a class CartanMatrix containing a symmetrizable
matrix, and the indexing. If one constructs a Cartan matrix from a Cartan
type, then we might also want to store this. From this, one can then get
back everything including Dynkin diagrams and root systems.

What do you think?

After solving this, I would then go and start solving glitches when working
with Cartan matrices over the universal cyclotomic field.

Christian