Hi Viviane,

> This type of thing just broke my entire patch on multivariate
> polynomials. I had to fix it by changing the field to ZZ or QQ but I
> wonder why the default field has been changed...

sorry for that!

the reason is that I implemented non-crystallographic root systems and
reflection groups. That's why I changed the default ring to be the
universal cyclotomics (which is the smallest field containing the
integers and all roots of unity). But I agree that in the
crystallographic types (where everything works over the integers), we
still should have things working over ZZ.

This patch is still very much under construction, so I expect myself
to make tons of further changes. I will hopefully find some time tod