Hi Florent,

> What so you mean by changing them ? Do you mean changing the name ?

yes.

> ok with "area"

> but I'd rather have "number_of_bounce"

but number of bounces is the the number of bounce points, while bounce
(being the sum of the heights of the bounce points, equal distributed
with area and dinv) is the statistic introduced by Jim Haglund [1] and
further studied in several papers by Garsia/Haglund/Haiman. So I would
vote for "bounce".

> and spelling explicitely inversion in "dinv"

dinv stands for "diagonal inverse" introduced by Mark Haiman in [2].
"dinv" or "diagonal_inverse" would both be fine for me. Or do you
think of "number_of_diagonal_inverses" ?

> Do you have a reason for that ? I wrote this one because we needed it for
> k-shape and the convention I took seemed at that time more natural to me. I
> don't mind changing the convention and patching my code if there is a good
> reason for that.

Basically, because I usually think of a Dyck path being above the
diagonal, then cutting out the Dyck path from the staircase shape
gives the partition I proposed. This is also the partition considered
in the sequence of papers mentioned above.

Best, Christian

[1] Haglund - Conjectured statistics for the (q,t)-Catalan numbers
[2] Haiman - some paper, I can find the name if needed (:-))