Hi,
Well I think that "dinv" would be "number_of_diagonal_inversions" but I
agree with Hugh, the statistics area(D), bounce(D) and dinv(D) are all
fairly standard (add Haglund's book + dozens of references since) and
certainly way more descriptive than "a_statistic", "b_statistic" and
"d_statistic"; however the advantage of those descriptors is that they
indicate their equi-distribution over the set of Dyck paths (that is,
\sum_D q^{x(D)} is the q-Catalan for x = a,b,d-statistic).

Just a word about bounce(D) though: it is sort of a major index of the
touch points of the bounce path.  There are the obvious involutions on the
touch point set (complementation and reverse) and I think I have seen the
size_of_the_set_of_touch_points_of_the_bounce_path(D) come up in a formula
somewhere.

-Mike