Hi Nicolas--

I agree that the (now only two) patches that don't apply to 5.1.rc1 are now
applied to 5.0 and guarded from 5.1.  Success!  (My "help" probably only
made the process longer, but I did learn something.)

I edited your explanation in the series file because I think it had typos,
including some which were potentially confusing.  Please check that what is
now there makes sense (when you have a minute).

Could you please explain what you did so that now my sage-5.0 sage
-combinat update knows to select the 5_1_rc1 guard when before, it didn't?

cheers,

Hugh