Hi Cristian,

On 2012-07-16, Christian Stump <christian.st...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> what I usually do is:
>
> this is a very nice and detailed description -- thanks! maybe you
> wanna add it to wiki?

I thought there already is a Wiki page or a page in the developers guide?
I didn't try to find it though.

>>  * hg qrefresh followed by hg export qtip > foo.patch
>
> is there, in this situation, a difference between hg export qtip >
> foo.patch and hg qrefresh (that's what I usually do here) ?

hg qrefresh means that the patch in your queue is updated (you can add a
commit message when you do "hg qrefresh -e", by the way - it will open
a text editor). If it concerns a patch foo.patch, then this updating
happens in .hg/patches/foo.patch.

In contrast, hg export qtip means that you write the patch into a "regular"
file (i.e., one that is not in a hidden folder), and I think the file
format is slightly different (namely, the patch in .hg/patches also
contains information on your local queue, that is not relevant for other
people's queues. Hence, IIRC, the stuff in .hg/patches/ is *not* what
you post on trac.

If you attempt hg export qtip when there are local changes (i.e.,
*before* you do hg qrefresh), I think mercurial will refuse.

While we are at it: One thing that prevents me from working with the
combinat queue is that I never understood what I need to set up in order
to push my local changes to the "official" combinat queue.

Best regards,
Simon