Hi Andrew, Anne,

On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 06:02:51PM -0700, Anne Schilling wrote:
> I get the same problem as Andrew if the queue is applied up to
> trac_12895-subcategory-methods-nt.patch
> on sage-5.4.rc0. However, before I was working up to
> trac_12774-coxeter-ms.patch which is higher
> in the queue, and there everything works again. Some subsequent patch must
> fix the problem!

Thanks for the feedback. There were two distinct issues:

- At trac_12895-subcategory-methods-nt.patch, Sage startup broke
  because of a missing method. This patch depends on
  trac_12894-classcall_setter-nt.patch, and somehow they were in the
  wrong order in the series. So Sage was broken with just 12895, and
  working again with 12894. Fixed.

- Starting from trac_8327_universal_cyclotomic_field-cs.patch, Sage
  startup was broken due to an import loop. That was in fact due to
  the Crystal category recently importing parent:
  CombinatorialFreeModule, QQ (which category code should not do).

  I wrote a reviewer patch for trac_13563-kr-as.patch to fix this [1].

- Starting from trac_10963-more_functorial_constructions-nt.patch,
  Sage was broken due to another import loop. The fix above seems to
  have resolved this as well.

On my machine, with 5.3, sage loads smoothly at the above patches, and
with all patches applied. Let me know if you find remaining issues!

[1] I used the occasion to make some minor improvements (in particular
replacing a couple ``sum``'s which were better expressed with
C.sum_of_monomials/C.linear_combination; there may be a couple left.
I also added one or two TODO's.

Anne: please check it out and fold it in if you are happy with the
changes. I let Dan finish the review.