On Thu, Dec 06, 2012 at 10:27:27AM +0100, Vincent Delecroix wrote:
> Ok. What should return facade_for if there are infinitely many of them
> ? A tuple does not fit. It may be an iterator but the default
> constructor then fails.

Only the future will tell if there is a good use of facade_for when
there are infinitely many of them. That's why I left it as is.

> And I think that an AttributeError is not what it should be, I would prefer a
> NotImplementedError: parents for which ThisParent is a facade for are
> unknown (see sage.categories.facade_sets)

Sounds reasonable.

> > For the first example: probably it's category.join that should be
> > improved, but that will do for now.
>
> It does not as I need it ;-) As far as I understand, the problem comes
> from parent.pyx where it is written
>
> category = Category.join((category, Sets().Facades()))
>
> You prefer that I allow  argument of Category.join to be a tuple of
> tuples of tuples of tuples of categories ?
> (one may safely use a flatten)

As I said, in principle this would be the right fix, but please stick
to the workaround in Parent.__init__ since since Category.join is
under heavy refactoring.

Thanks!