2012/12/6 Nicolas M. Thiery <nicolas.thi...@u-psud.fr>:
> On Thu, Dec 06, 2012 at 10:27:27AM +0100, Vincent Delecroix wrote:
>> Ok. What should return facade_for if there are infinitely many of them
>> ? A tuple does not fit. It may be an iterator but the default
>> constructor then fails.
>
> Only the future will tell if there is a good use of facade_for when
> there are infinitely many of them. That's why I left it as is.

I understand.

>> And I think that an AttributeError is not what it should be, I would prefer a
>> NotImplementedError: parents for which ThisParent is a facade for are
>> unknown (see sage.categories.facade_sets)
>
> Sounds reasonable.

I will.

>> > For the first example: probably it's category.join that should be
>> > improved, but that will do for now.
>>
>> It does not as I need it ;-) As far as I understand, the problem comes
>> from parent.pyx where it is written
>>
>> category = Category.join((category, Sets().Facades()))
>>
>> You prefer that I allow  argument of Category.join to be a tuple of
>> tuples of tuples of tuples of categories ?
>> (one may safely use a flatten)
>
> As I said, in principle this would be the right fix, but please stick
> to the workaround in Parent.__init__ since since Category.join is
> under heavy refactoring.

Do you have a patch for that ? When do you want it to be finalized ?
We are working together with Setpan on words/language categorification
and we want it to be soon ready and reviewed (as each new version of
Sage introduces many files to be updated and many hours lost). If you
have a relatively final beta version, we may use it in top of our work
instead of modifying Parent.

Cheers,
Vincent