On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 7:00 PM, Anne Schilling <a...@math.ucdavis.edu> wrote:
> Hi William,
>
> Is combinat.math.washington.edu out once again? The machine does not
> seem to respond.

It's not crashed due to a memory error, since it responds to ping
requests.  However, I can't ssh into it, which can happen when too
many people run jobs at once (and the vm.overcommit ratio is too big,
and there isn't enough swap).   I'll get the sysadmins to reboot the
machine tomorrow morning, then tighten up the vm.overcommit, and add
more swap.

 -- William

--
William Stein