There have been more comments on the ticket. As Nils doesn't read
sage-combinat I'll post to both places.

Replying to [comment:9 stumpc5]:
> We use {{{Partition}}} for {{{IntegerPartition}}}, though it could as
well refer to {{{SetPartition}}} or whatever else. For me
{{{IntegerPartition}}} is a partition of a positive integer. I would be
totally fine with using {{{IntegerPartition}}} and {{{IntegerComposition}}}.

I am against changing the name of the `Partition` class to
`IntegerPartition`. This would create a major patch bomb as `Partition` is
used in many places -- a quick and dirty count with grep gives me 114
different python files.

More importantly, even though the name `IntegerPartition` is not bad, I do
not think it is what most people would guess when looking for partitions so
this change would, in effect, make `sage ` harder to use. Of the files
using `Partition`, 29 of them are outside of the `combinat` directory so
presumably the usage of this class is wider than just algebraic
combinatorics).

As far as I am aware there is no name conflict with the name `Partition`
(btw, there already is a separate `SetPartition` class). The only
justification for changing this name given so far is in order to maintain
name consistency with a potential name change for `Composition`. I do not
think that this is a good argument.

With regard to `Composition`, I do not have any strong feelings. I do not
see anything wrong with having both `IntegerComposition` and `Partition` in
the name-space. On the other hand, since no one has noticed a problem with
`Composition` before I don't really understand why there is suddenly a
problem now, especially as there already is a much superior notation
already available for the composition of two maps:
{{{
sage: a=Hom(ZZ,ZZ)(1)
sage: b=Hom(ZZ,ZZ)(1)
sage: a*b
Ring endomorphism of Integer Ring
  Defn: 1 |--> 1
}}}
As there already is a really good way to compose maps in sage I don't find
the argument for changing the meaning of `Composition` very compelling.

Andrew