On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 2:43 PM, Anna Clawson <sead...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, fixed!
>

>> span() must be "Линейная оболочка" rather than "Подпространство"
>>
>> (the latter means "subspace")
>

> In the original English document:
> Subspace: span(vectors, field)
> which is why I translated it as "подпространство". I understand that both
> "linear span" and "subspace" make sense in this context. How about
> translating it as "линейное подпространство"?
>
> time vs. timeit: I think it would be best to translate the descriptions of
> these commands in a way that succinctly highlights the difference between
> them. So what's really the difference between time and timeit?

time runs a command once and displays the time.   One usually uses
this for a potentially long computation.

timeit runs a command a bunch of times (possibly thousands), then
provides some data about the time it takes to run, which hopefully
averages out errors.   You use this typically when benchmarking some
small section of code.

> --

William Stein
Professor of Mathematics