William (stein),

Thanks for doing these. At some point I'm going to do all of these
benchmarks *properly*, and this stuff will be a useful reference to
work from.

In particular I'm going to work within each system as far as possible
(not through a SAGE wrapper) so we can get as fair a sense of
comparison as possible, and I'm going to do them over a very large
range of degrees and coefficient sizes. And on as many different
machines as possible. This is an absolutely integral part of the FLINT
game plan.

David