> In the back of my non-lawyer head I believe that either the Open Source
> Initiative or the FSE have some infrastructure in place to help projects like
> SAGE with these questions. What about the Microsoft lawyers? As they are
> already involved don't they have a position on if the license is GPL
> compatible?

FSF says:
Incompatible,
     This license does not permit commercial distribution, and only allows
commercial use under certain circumstances.

     Microsoft has other licenses which it describes as "Shared Source", some
of which have different restrictions.

http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/index_html#SoftwareLicenses

OSI doesn't have an entry for it.