> > Do we have to promote our work this way?
>
> "We" are not promoting it this way -- I had nothing to do with it, nor did
> anybody else on sage-devel.

I think this was kind of a rhetorical question by Bill. I think what
Bill is saying
is that the press release did not try to find out more
about the software behind the science, in this case the Sage, not that
you or any developer tried to promoted. It is obvious this is was not the case,
by not knowing that SAGE is not a supercomputer.

In a similar note the wikipedia entry on the E8 group actually has a better
description than the article from Science Magazine:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E8_(mathematics)

"The final calculation was carried out on an 8-core AMD machine with
64 gigabytes of RAM, run by William Stein at the University of
Washington.[7] The group is working on the larger task of producing an
atlas of Lie groups and representations."

Regards,

Alfredo