On Thursday 02 August 2007 20:02, didier deshommes wrote:
> 2007/8/2, William Stein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>  should be a subdirectory of SAGE_ROOT/devel/sage/, and
>
> > SAGE_ROOT/devel/sage/spkg-install should install both, and
> > setup.py should be extended to build the c_lib if it changes.
> > Moreover, spkg-dist in SAGE_ROOT/devel/sage should of course
> > package up the c_lib directory.  This way when somebody wants to
> > write code that involves both c_lib and the normal SAGE library
> > (something that is very common), only a single hg repository is involved.
>
> Could there be a case where someone would write code only for
> sage_c_lib and not need the whole sage.spkg? I have no idea if this
> actually happens, I'm just asking for completeness :)

That certainly isn't likely to happen for the uses of sage_c_lib so far.  Most
of it is pretty random bizarre stuff that was difficult from pyrex for some
reason (C++ wrappers and other such stuff).

I think this is quite reasonable to put this in the main repository supposing
that setup.py can be coerced into building it.  I'll look into that tomorrow,
but hints on setup.py building c libraries would be nice if anyone has any.

--
Joel