---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Joel B. Mohler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Aug 4, 2007 3:09 PM
Subject: Re: sage_c_lib patch
To: William Stein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Oops, here #2:

Two things I should have mentioned in the first mail:

1)  The only difference in the sage build scripts (outside of c_lib) are the
call to "make install" in the setup.py and a call to configure in the
spkg-install.  I don't know quite if I put configure in the correct place.
My testing indicates that running ./spkg-install can rebuild from scratch
though.

2)  As to the scons convert (if you would think it reasonable idea), scons
distributes a "scons-local" build that is designed to be distributed in a
tarball with your project.  As a .tar.gz file, this is about 280kb-- compared
to about 1.2mb for the configure script and associated crud.  Thus users do
not need scons installed at all.

--
Joel

--