On 8/13/07, mabshoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Aug 13, 6:43 pm, "Joel B. Mohler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Monday 13 August 2007 11:57, Martin Albrecht wrote:
> > >    http://www.scons.org/
> >
> > > as build system and Boost
> >
> > >  http://www.boost.org/
> >

> While Scons is rather lightweight Boost is a 17MB compressed tarball.
> Does PolyBori ship its own copy or do they depend on an external one?
> If it were an internal copy do they use all of boost or do they just
> copy the bits they need?
>
> > > to link C++ and Python. Both are not required by or shipped with SAGE. My
> > > question: What should we do about it? Ship it? Patch PolyBori? Oh, in case
> > > you wonder: not integrating PolyBori is not an option for me :-)
> >
> > A basic scons can be had in a 228kb tar ball.  This is an obvious good idea
> > install (in my hugely biased opinion).  Download the scons-local package (no
> > docs or anything, only what you need to install software using
> > scons).http://www.scons.org/download.php

I'll wait for the answers to the above questions.   I would be fine
with including
scons in SAGE.  I think it's already in one of the optional packages
(I can't remember
for sure though).  It's just a little python program, after all.

It would take an absolutely massive amount of convincing to even begin
to convince me to include the entire 17MB C++ boost library in SAGE.

William